"As I go to Dubai, I bring my heart with me because I don't think the people there will appreciate a heartless parish priest. So I apologize to all you if, as I leave, I bring my heart with me. But with it, I'll also bring all of you and all the memories we made together."
Dear Father Tom,
You probably won't be able to read this but if somehow this reaches you, I want you to know..
I will miss all your sermons. We all will. Yours are the only homilies that can get me out of bed at five in the morning. Now that you're gone, the hope that maybe when I enter the church you'll be there once again, smiling warmly like you always do, will do the job of waking me up.
You will always be in our prayers just like we know we will always be in yours. And unlike all other promises of not forgetting, I will never doubt yours. I know you. I know you'll keep your promise. I know you'll never forget us. And I also know that there will come a time when we'll see you again. When that time comes, we'll utter one word and you'll talk and we'll listen just like old times. That word will be Doha.
You're one of the most wonderful people I've ever had the fortune of knowing. And I wish you could've stayed longer.. I wish you never had to leave. But like you said, we don't decide where we go. It's all in the will of God.
I will not say goodbye.. Just take care. I'm sure God will watch over you.
We love you, Father Tom. We always will.
"I found a home here.. And a family. I will never forget you, all of you. Thank you. Maraming maraming salamat."
-- Father Tomasito Veneracion