Thursday, June 4, 2009

There's always an exception.

"To every rule, there's always an exception."

You lie. You’re a liar. That’s not really a problem because hey, everybody lies. The only variable in this lying equation is the reason behind one’s lie. The problem is that you lie about the big things all the time. And you know what’s worse? Every single time, you fail to explain and make me understand. That’s probably a good thing because I’m not sure I want to know. 

You say your ways are convenient. They allow you to get away with your dishonesty. They allow me to refrain from listening to things that will most likely hurt me. So yes, your ways are indeed convenient. And life goes on.

The problem with your ways is that they’re also deceiving. Their main purpose is to make it seem as though nothing ever happened... And we talk like usual, laugh when something’s funny, fight about the petty things, live our lives the way we always did. The thing is the deceptions don’t make the lies go away, all lost and forgotten. Lies were said, mistakes were made, tears were shed, and people were hurt. We can’t pretend nothing happened because something happened. It’ll always be there. It will haunt us everywhere we go, find us no matter where we hide. There’s no escaping it. So let’s stop this game of pretence already. I’m tired of playing.

Start talking. I’m done asking. No, talking won’t undo your lies. That doesn’t matter because I don’t really care that you lied. I only care why you lied. It’s all that matters. By clarifying things, I still won’t be able to trust you the way I did before. But by doing so, you’re giving me a reason to try. Isn’t that enough motivation? That maybe, just maybe, you’ll say the things you always say and I won’t think twice and doubt the sincerity behind them. Who knows, things might just go back to how they were. But until you say something, nothing’s going to change; nothing’s going to happen. So please, do us both a favor and just bloody talk.

You lie. You don’t explain afterwards. You pretend nothing happened. I hate people who do these things. I hate people who lie. I hate people who lie about the big things even more. I hate people who don’t explain. I hate people who pretend things didn’t happen.

Most of all, I hate you... Because you’re always the exception. 

Why do you always have to be the exception?